Are you in a rut coaching your sales team and need a quick refresher course on the 3PL sales process to jump-start your coaching efforts? Do you work for a 3PL firm that brought you on during COVID and you never got a firm grasp of the fundamentals of selling to shippers? It doesn’t matter if you are a sales coach or a rookie this Virtual Instructor Lead Training (VILT) program is designed for you.
- Review the steps of the sales process and how to effectively perform each step.
- Learn which steps of the sales process are most critical to success.
- Learn the best and worst ways to open a sales call.
- Learn the different categories of sales call questions and how they impact sales success.
- Learn that objection prevention is a far more critical skill than objection handling.
- Learn the sales behaviors that sales representatives engage in that make selling harder.
- Learn why closing is the most over-rated aspect of the sales process and how to do it correctly.
- Learn the best way to develop your professional selling skills.
- Learn how to immediately evaluate your sales call after you hang up the phone.
Who should attend:
• Sales Managers who actively coach salespeople.
• New Sales Representatives with less than one year’s experience.
• Sales Representatives who feel rusty after battling through the last eighteen months of chaos.
This virtual instructor-led training is presented by James T. Kenny, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Marketing at Western Illinois University, and the creator of TIA’s Partnership Selling in the Supply Chain online course.
Schedule of Events - December 2024 Sales Sprint:
**This schedule is subject to change based on the needs of TIA and the instructor.
Monday, December 2: Access to the course, onboarding, and an on-demand Primer Video from the instructor
Tuesday, December 3: Access to Module 1 - Introduction to Marketing & Sales, Discussion Forum Post #1, Workbook Reflection #1
Wednesday, December 4: Access to Module 2 - Pre-Call Planning & Sales Call Opening Procedures, Discussion Forum Post #2, Workbook Reflection #2
Thursday, December 5: Access to Module 3 - Needs Assessment: The Art of the Question, Discussion Forum Post #3, Workbook Reflection #3
Friday, December 6: Live Facilitated Discussion w/ Instructor - Project Q&A (1.5 hours)
Monday, December 9: Access to Module 4 - Objection Prevention, Closing, & Follow-Up Procedures, Discussion Forum Post #4, Workbook Reflection #4
Tuesday, December 10: Virtual Instructor Office Hours For Project Feedback - Sales Process & Project Q&A (1 Hour)
Wednesday, December 11: Access to Module 5 - Sales Skills Coaching, Discussion Forum Post #5, Workbook Reflection #5
Thursday, December 12: Live Facilitated Discussion w/ Instructor - Role-Play Scenarios & Project Q&A (1.5 Hours)
Monday, December 16: Partner Projects Due, Peer-to-Peer Discussion Forum Feedback Due
Wednesday, December 18: Live Facilitated Discussion w/Instructor - Recap & Project Review
James T. Kenny, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Marketing at Western Illinois University, presents this virtual instructor-led training and is the creator of TIA’s Partnership Selling in the Supply Chain online course.
ABOUT THE ISTRUCTOR:
Dr. Kenny taught and researched strategic marketing, professional selling, and sales management at Western Illinois University. During his 25 years at WIU, he was nominated for Teacher of the Year twelve times and won twice. Additionally, he won two Faculty Excellence awards. He has published and presented dozens of papers in strategic marketing planning, transportation brokerage, and professional selling.
Professionally, Dr. Kenny has provided consulting services for over 125 firms and trade associations nationwide in the last 30 years. His client list includes UPS World Wide Logistics, FedEx, Allen Lund Company, Landstar, and Total Quality Logistics. Additionally, he has served as a research fellow for international consulting giants McKinsey & Co. and AT Kearney.
Dr. Kenny served on the Board of Directors of WERC. He won the 2001 President’s Service Award from CPIA for his Marketing Audit Program and the 1996 Outstanding Service Award from TIA for his Consultative Sales Program. Professor Kenny was the 2010 recipient of the TIA Heritage Award.